WHAT WE DO — Six steps to lasting change
The landscape approach is our starting point. We facilitate evidence-based dialogue, collaborative learning and collective action among landscape stakeholders. From there, we inform and influence policies and practices at a range of levels. We work closely with communities, civil society organizations, researchers, businesses, and governments, in order to:
- Understand: We gather and analyze evidence about landscape challenges and their solutions, by combining local and scientific knowledge.
- Show what works: We co-create, test and demonstrate locally owned solutions, such as equitable governance arrangements, and innovative business models and financial mechanisms.
- Enable stakeholders: We strengthen local stakeholders’ capacity for sustainable practices, equitable governance, and better landscape management.
- Connect: We connect stakeholders within and beyond landscapes, to facilitate dialogue, learning, collaboration and collective action.
- Influence: We influence governments and companies to adopt policies and practices that support thriving and climate-resilient landscapes.
- Leverage: We form partnerships with other organizations that complement our capacities, and help us scale up solutions for thriving and climate-resilient landscapes.
What we deliver
- Concrete evidence of sustainable landscapes, sustainable production systems and viable smallholder livelihoods, in the form of cases and pilots that can be scaled up.
- Increased capacity, collaborative learning and broad engagement in collective action.
- Relevant and evidence-based knowledge to inform decision makers and landscape stakeholders.
- Enabling conditions
- Policy recommendations for local, national and international action.