This annual report presents TBI's main achievements in 2010. TBI's activities cover a diversity of themes, reflecting what is important for forest-based livelihoods, forest management and forest conservation in its seven country programmes and throughout the world. The report highlights examples that demonstrate how knowledge, individual and organisational capacity, informed dialogue and exchange of information can help support better decisions on a range of subjects:
- financing mechanisms for sustainable forest management (SFM;
- sustainable domestic timber markets;
- productive and sustainable landscapes;
- mitigating climate change ;
- improving livelihoods through community forestry and local governance ; and
- responsible trade and entrepreneurship.